Fit for Teaching
Three continuing education programs in academic teaching designed for the following target groups:
Junior Teaching Professionals (JTP) for PhD candidates,
Senior Teaching Professionals (STP) for Postdocs and New Appointees and
International Teaching Professionals (ITP) – held in English – a program for foreign or internationally oriented researchers.
What does good teaching look like? How can research and teaching be even more closely linked? Further qualifications in academic teaching oriented around the Bologna Process can make an important contribution to answering these questions.
Researchers can learn to convey topics and questions to their students. They can learn to prepare their content in a way suited to their individual skills and implement it using appropriate methods.
Participants strengthen and reflect on their teaching through the four program components:
- Workshops in the field of university didactics
- Transfer into teaching practice through the creation and implementation of a unique teaching project
- Mentoring by experienced university lecturers
- Collegial exchange
We announce the programs annually. Approximately 12 applicants are selected to participate in each program according to their motivation and commitment to teaching.
In addition to the programs, we regularly offer further workshops in the area of Teaching Skills.
- Getting to know current concepts of learning and knowledge transfer
- Efficient planning of an own course with professional support and its independent execution
- Benefit from individual feedback on your own teaching and from the exchange of experiences among colleagues
- Rapid implementation of what has been learned in practice
- Networking of program participants
- Regular exchange to promote a lively teaching culture at the University of Potsdam