Universidade Federal do Paraná
On this page you will find information on the Faculty of Arts‘ study abroad program with Universidade Federal do Paraná in Curitiba, Brazil. For information concerning further possibilities for cooperation within the framework of this faculty partnership, please get in touch with the Faculty of Arts‘ Coordinator for Internationalization.
Generally speaking, all BA and MA students at UP can spend one or more semesters abroad at Universidade Federal do Paraná in Curitiba, Brazil, regardless of which faculty they study at in Potsdam.
Students may generally take courses from all study programs at UFPR. You can find a list of all degree programs under „Useful Links / Contacts“.
For an individual consultation please contact Dr. Patricia Gwozdz.
- Application documents: please see below
- Course selection: not all courses may be attended without prior knowledge of the subject or a specific level of language proficiency in Portuguese; individual arrangements may be necessary.
- If you are interested in applying, please contact Dr. Patricia Gwozdz to receive detailed information on the application process.
- Application documents to be sent as a PDF file:
- UFPR application form
- Transcript of Records
- letter of recommendation by a university teaching staff member (in addition to the university’s authorization on the application form)
- passport number and copy
- Application documents will be reviewed by the Faculty of Arts’ Coordinator for Internationalization
- Documents will then be sent to UFPR by the Faculty of Arts’ Coordinator for Internationalization
Applications are accepted year-round. The following deadlines apply:
- April 1 (deadline for a study abroad period starting in August of the same year)
- October 1 (deadline for a study abroad period starting in February of the following year)
- no tuition fees apply
- registration in Brazil: R$140,00 (ca. 40 Euro)
- international health insurance (compulsory)
- living costs need to be covered by the student
- for questions relating to possible financial aid for your studies abroad, please get in touch with the International Office.
I am a student at the University of Potsdam, but not at the Faculty of Arts. Am I still eligible for a study abroad period under the faculty’s cooperation agreement?
Yes. Generally speaking, all BA and MA students at UP spend do one or more semesters abroad at Universidade Federal do Paraná, regardless of which faculty they study at in Potsdam. Please contact Dr. Patricia Gwozdz for an individual consultation.
Which courses can I take abroad?
- UP students may generally take course from all UFPR study programs.
How is the academic year structured in Brazil?
- "Semester 1": February - July
- "Semester 2": August - December
How can I get information on possible financial aid for my stay abroad?
- Please contact the International Office.