Wissam Tawileh studied mechanical engineering at the University of Damascus and was involved in the digitalization and networking of the oil and gas industry in Syria. During his postgraduate studies at the University of Hildesheim, he obtained a Master's degree in Information Management and Information Technology. During his PhD in Information Systems at the Technical University of Dresden, he investigated the internationalization of university teaching by using innovative digital and hybrid teaching/learning scenarios to support academic exchange in virtual social learning environments. His teaching and research activities and projects included topics in Virtual Mobility (VM), Internationalization at Home (IaH), Social Learning Analytics (SLA), Virtual Collaborative Learning (VCL), and Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL).
Since May 2022, he has been working as a research assistant at the Chair of Complex Multimedia Application Architectures on the development, application, evaluation and verification of an approach for impact-oriented monitoring (WoM) in development and transfer projects using the example of quality assurance in the BMBF-funded joint project "Bildungsraum Digital (BIRD)".
- Pinnecke, M., Weiß, M., Backer, V., Tawileh, W. (2020). Teaching in a crisis? Guidance for digital education in Pandemic Times. In Proceedings of the 23th Conferenece Communities in New Media “Gemeinschaften in Neuen Medien (GeNeMe’20)”, Dresden (pp. 170-178)
- Tawileh, W. (2017). Virtual mobility for Arab university students: design principles for international virtual collaborative learning environments based on cases from Jordan and Palestine. Dissertation, Technische Universität Dresden, Permalink: katalogbeta.slub-dresden.de/id/0018838625/
- Tawileh, W. (2016). Evaluating Virtual Collaborative Learning platforms using Social Network Analysis. In Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC2016) (pp. 80–86). Beirut. doi.org/10.1109/ICDIPC.2016.7470796
- Tawileh, W. (2016). International Students’ Behaviour in Virtual Collaborative Learning Arrangements. In A. M. Teixeira, A. Szűcs, & I. Mázár (Eds.), Re-Imagining Learning Scenarios (pp. 554–562). Budapest, EDEN.
- Tawileh, W. (2016). Preparing Business Students for the Enterprise 2.0 – A Case Study from Germany. In Proceedings of 8th international conference “New Challenges of Economic and Business Development” (pp. 817–830).
- Tawileh, W. (2016). Social Media for international collaborative learning – A case study from Palestine. In S.M. Ross, G.J. Laborda, & H. Uzunboylu (Eds.). Proceedings of 8th World Conference on Educational Sciences, Madrid.
- Tawileh, W., & Kretzschmar, S. (2016). Crisis Communication 2.0: Potentials and Risks from the example of the Elbe flood 2013 in Dresden. In V. Nissen, D. Stelzer, S. Straßburger, & D. Fischer (Eds.) (pp. 517–528). Proceedings of Multikonferenz Wirtschaftsinformatik (MKWI) 2016, Ilmenau. (in German)
- Binner, A., & Tawileh, W. (2015). Lectures Video Recoding at the Technische Universität Dresden – A Needs Assessment. In K. Hornoff (Ed.), e-Learning - Alles was ins Netz geht? (pp. 51–64). HTWK Leipzig. (in German)
- Tawileh, W., Lerche, J., & Schoop, E. (2014). E-Assessment in Formal Higher Education – A Potential or Just More Effort? In J. Kawalek (Ed.), Tagungsband 12. Workshop on e-Learning (WeL’14) (pp. 93–104). Zittau: Hochschule Zittau/Görlitz. (in German)
- Tawileh, W., Bukvova, H., & Schoop, E. (2013). Virtual Collaborative Learning: Opportunities and Challenges of Web 2.0-based e-Learning Arrangements for Developing Countries. In N. A. Azab (Ed.), Cases on Web 2.0 in Developing Countries: Studies on Implementation, Application, and Use (pp. 380–410). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. ISBN: 978-1-4666-2515-0
- Tawileh, W. (2011). Exploring web search behavior of Arab internet users (pp. 313–318). IEEE. doi.org/10.1109/INNOVATIONS.2011.5893840
- Tawileh, W., Mandl, T., & Griesbaum, J. (2010). Search results presentation and interface design: A comparative evaluation study of five web search engines in Arabic language (pp. 592–597). In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Application (ISDA2010), Cairo, Egypt, IEEE. doi.org/10.1109/ISDA.2010.5687201
- Tawileh, W., Mandl, T., & Griesbaum, J. (2011). Evalutaion of Web Search Engines and Challenges for Arabic Language (pp. 334–338). Presented at the International Conference on Information and Computer Applications (ICICA2011), Dubai, UAE.
- Tawileh, W., Mandl, T., & Griesbaum, J. (2011). Special requirements for comparative evaluation of web search engines. International Journal of Web Applications, 3(2), 63–71.