COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates for Partner Universities
The winter semester 2021/22 is currently conducted off-and online.
Winter semester 2021/22
- While the winter semester started mostly on-site, teaching staff will have the option of switching to digital teaching formats until the end of the year.
- The following measures must be observed for on-site classes:
1. You may only enter classrooms for your on-site attendance courses if you can provide documentation of your 2G status (“geimpft, genesen” i.e. vaccinated, recovered)
2. The currently valid corona ordinance provides for contact tracing. The University of Potsdam uses the digital tool QRoniton for this purpose.
3. Please comply with the general distance and hygiene requirements of the University of Potsdam.
Current situation at the University of Potsdam
- You can find the latest updates on the situation and safety measures at the university on https://www.uni-potsdam.de/en/studium/studying/corona.
Situation in Germany and, in particular, Brandenburg and Berlin
- the 2-G-Rule applies to all closed spaces
- Obligation to wear a mask in public spaces indoors, in waiting areas, and on the public transport; in Brandenburg one is required to wear either a surgical or a FFP2 mask; in Berlin only FFP2 masks are permissble.
Support for international students in Potsdam
- The health and security of our students is a top priority for us. Supporting our international students as much as we can in these uncertain times is of utmost importance to us and we will take care of them as best we can.
Further information and contact details for students
- Information on questions relating to your studies in light of the coronavirus is available on www.uni-potsdam.de/en/studium/studying/corona.
In order to reduce the risk of infection, personal office hours at the International Office have been canceled until further notice. Our advisors can still be reached via e-mail and telephone, though. Details are available on https://www.uni-potsdam.de/en/international/service/center/io/incoming.