COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates for Partner Universities
Due to the growing spread of the Coronavirus we unfortunately cannot guarantee a regular semester start. Therefore, we recommend all international students that they cancel their planned summer semester in Potsdam.
Support for international students in Potsdam
- Student health and safety are our highest priority. It is our intention to provide our international students as much support as possible in this uncertain time. Thus, we are doing our best to take care of those students who spend the whole academic year in Potsdam and those who have already arrived for the summer semester.
- We have informed all students that we will support them if they decide to return home earlier.
Preventive measures taken by the University of Potsdam
- The University of Potsdam has decided to postpone the beginning of the lecture period and to cancel all on-site events until April 20th, 2020.
- Regular updates on further preventive measures taken at the University can be found at www.uni-potsdam.de/en/studium/studying/corona.
Situation in Germany and particularly in Brandenburg & Berlin
- On March 17, 2020, all EU states decided to prohibit non-EU citizens from entering the EU. The restrictions will initially last for 30 days. They do not apply to Schengen state citizens or long-term residents or third-country nationals with a longer-term right of residence (residence title or longer-term visa, for example study) in Germany. For up-to-date information, please visit www.bmi.bund.de.
- Most cultural and public facilities have been closed in Potsdam and Berlin. Most shops are closed except for those selling everyday necessities, such as supermarkets, drug stores, and pharmacies.
- Public transport in Potsdam and Berlin has been reduced.
Further information and contact details for students
- Students will find information on study-related questions in light of the coronavirus at www.uni-potsdam.de/de/studium/corona.
To minimize the danger of a potential infection, all personal office hours at the International Office have been canceled. Our student advisors can be reached via e-mail or by phone as indicated here: www.uni-potsdam.de/en/international/service/center/io/incoming.