Degree Completion Grant for International Students (Studienabschlussbeihilfe für internationale Studierende)
The International Office provides up to three grants per semester to foreign undergraduate and graduate students of the University of Potsdam who have obtained their university entrance qualification abroad (Bildungsausländer) to help them complete their studies.
The DAAD Degree Completion Grant supports foreign students who are in the final phase of their studies and have thus far supported themselves.
- students without German citizenship
- University entrance qualification from abroad
- Good academic standing
- Properly conducted studies (refers to the average duration of studies, which is not identical to the standard time to completion of the degree. The International Office will inform you about the average duration of studies in your area.)
- It must be evident that a completion of studies can be expected within one year
- Studies have been supported through own funds so far
- Financial need
- July 15 for the following winter semester (cut-off period)
- January 15 for the following summer semester (cut-off period)
The following criteria apply in addition to fulfilling the formal application requirements and submitting the complete, properly prepared documents in due time:
- previous academic achievements
- convincing explanatory statement
- extra-curricular activities during the current studies
- financial circumstances of the applicant
- knowledge and skills outside of the subject that were acquired during the current studies
- if applicable, personal situation that has required a prolongation of studies (e.g. illness, children, or caring for relatives)
Applications must be filed online. Please register on our portal.
Application Documents (in German or English)
activities during the current studiesPlease fill out the application form and upload the following application documents in PDF format:
- Detailed CV (tabular form)
- Reasons for the application incl. details of the further course of study as well as the financial situation
- Evaluation of your academic performance (Gutachten) - e.g. from the supervisor of your bachelor or master thesis
- PULS-Leistungsübersicht or - if the course of study is not managed through PULS - Transcript of Records
- PULS-Studienverlaufsbescheinigung (this is a different document than your certificate of enrollment for the current semester)
- if applicable: Statement by the departmental advisor or the examinig board about the progress of your studies
- Proof of extra-curricular activities during the current studies (if applicable)
- Proof of knowledge and skills outside of the subject that were acquired during the current studies (if applicable)
- Proof of a personal situation that has required a prolongation of studies (if applicable)
- Proof of having lost income due to the Covid-19 pandemic (if applicable)
Please direct any questions about your application to the International Office.
You will be informed in writing not later than 14 days before the start of the semester.
The grants are awarded by a commission of the University of Potsdam.