Degree Completion Grant for International Students (Studienabschlussbeihilfe für internationale Studierende)
The International Office provides up to three grants per semester to international Bachelor and Master students of the University of Potsdam who have obtained their university entrance qualification abroad (Bildungsausländer) to help them complete their studies.
- students without German citizenship
- University entrance qualification from abroad
- Good academic standing
- It must be evident that a completion of studies can be expected within one year
- Studies have been supported through own funds so far
- Financial need
- Application period for the winter semester 2022/23: June 15 to July 15, 2022
The following criteria apply in addition to fulfilling the formal application requirements and submitting the complete, properly prepared documents in due time:
- previous academic achievements
- convincing explanatory statement
- extra-curricular activities during the current studies
- financial circumstances of the applicant
- knowledge and skills outside of the subject that were acquired during the current studies
- if applicable, personal situation that has required a prolongation of studies (e.g. illness, children, or caring for relatives)
The application is submitted online. Please register on our portal.
Application Documents (in German or English)
activities during the current studiesPlease fill out the application form and upload the following application documents in PDF format:
- Detailed CV (tabular form)
- Explanatory statement for the application (on topics such as: performance and learning motivation for the study programme, special social, family or personal circumstances, social commitment, desired career goals)
- PULS-Leistungsübersicht or - if the course of study is not managed through PULS - Transcript of Records
- PULS-Studienverlaufsbescheinigung (this is a different document than your certificate of enrollment for the current semester)
- Proof of extra-curricular activities during the current studies (if applicable)
- Proof of knowledge and skills outside of the subject that were acquired during the current studies (if applicable)
- Proof of a personal situation that has required a prolongation of studies (if applicable)
- Proof of having lost income due to the Covid-19 pandemic (if applicable)
Please direct any questions about your application to the International Office.
You will be informed in writing not later than 14 days before the start of the semester.
The grants are awarded by a commission of the University of Potsdam.