The members and affiliates of NEXUS: Earth Surface Dynamics are part of an effort to enhance our understanding of Earth surface processes. They are located at the University of Potsdam or at one of the partner universities or extramural research intitutions:
- Alfred Wegener Institute – Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI), Research Center Potsdam
- Free University of Berlin (FUB)
- Helmholtz-Centre Potsdam – German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ)
- Museum für Naturkunde – Leibniz Institute for Evolution and Biodiversity Science (MfN)
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
- Technical University of Berlin (TUB)
The research initiative is open to everyone interested in conducting research near or at the Earth’s surface.