International Relations Office
International Applicants and Students
We welcome you to the International Relations Office (Akademisches Auslandsamt) of the University of Potsdam. We appreciate your interest.
On these web pages, we provide information for international applicants, students seeking a degree, programme students, and doctoral students.
Before you look further, we would like to ask you to carefully read the following questions so that you can best find the information and contact persons appropriate for you:
Information for International Applicants
- If you are interested in studying at the University of Potsdam (in a programme of study culminating in a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Staatsexamen), please refer here.
- If you would like to participate in a preparatory German-language course leading to the language competence examination for admission to a German university (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang - DSH) prior to beginning your studies, please refer here.
Please note: Citizens of the EU or the European Economic Area and Bildungsinländer interesting in obtaining information regarding both applying for studies at the University of Potsdam or all questions related to enrolment and re-registration, please refer to the Office of Student Affairs (Studierendensekretariat) (in German).
Information for Currently Enrolled International Students Seeking a Degree
- If you are already enrolled into the University of Potsdam and you are seeking information regarding your studies at the university, financing your studies, the re-registration process, or other helpful contacts, please refer to these web pages.
Information for International Programme Students
- If you are studying or planning to study at the University of Potsdam in the context of an international programme (i.e. ERASMUS, DAAD, Fulbright, Université franco-allemandeist, or another exchange programme or foundation), please refer to these web pages for information regarding preparing for your studies and studying at the University of Potsdam.
Information for International Doctoral Students
- If you have already completed your initial studies and you would like to work towards a doctorate at the University of Potsdam, please refer to these web pages for information regarding applying for doctoral studies, enrolment, health insurance, travelling to Potsdam, accommodations during your stay, and much more.
- If you would like to improve your German skills, please refer to these web pages regarding information about German-language courses offered by the University of Potsdam.
Please feel free to visit the International Relations Office during our office hours. Consultation is only available during our office hours, so please make sure that we are available before stopping by.
You can also contact our staff via e-mail. Please take note that if you have questions which must be urgently addressed, you should contact our staff either in person or via telephone.